By cultivating dialogue between representatives from food industry, governance, education, communications, production, hospitality and the arts, and of course eaters themselves, the event aims to spark a vibrant exploration of what food means in Scotland today. Panelists and speakers represent a broad spectrum of views & expertise and we anticipate that attendees will also contribute diverse perspectives, creating a rare & potentially transformative cross-disciplinary dialogue about food.
Join us to discover and debate topics such as:
· how Scots have created mythical food identities,
· why we should reconnect with our ecology & edible wild,
· what farming might look like in the future,
· and even, whether a foodless future is possible.
Bringing insight & expertise to the dialogue are our panellists:
· Sheila Dillon, BBC Radio 4 Food Programme
· Guy Grieve, The Ethical Shellfish Company
· Shirley Spear, Scottish Food Commission & The 3 Chimneys
· Geoff Tansey, Food Ethics Council & Fabian Communication
Attendees will be treated to a fun, performance filled cocktail hour at the end of each day, as well as a spectacular dinner on Tuesday 26th. The full programme can be viewed on our website.